10 Main Causes For Hair Loss At A Younger Age
These days, more and more young people are looking for hair loss treatment because they lose their hair early. It is normal to lose 50 to 100 hair strands a day, but any hair loss over that could lead to hair thinning or balding. Hair loss is stressful, but the good news is that there are many options available to treat the issue. However, the first step is to find the root cause of hair loss. Here are some reasons you might be facing hair loss at a younger age:
1. Stress: Stress is one of the most important reasons for hair loss. It is despite if you are taking good care of your hair and being very careful with it. Stress and anxiety can happen for various reasons, including illness, death in the family, job loss and more. You will not go bald due to stress hair fall, as the hair regrows within 3 to 6 months after the stressful period passes.
2. Environmental Factor: The environment you expose your hair to can cause hair loss. For instance, too much exposure to the sun, pollution, and harsh weather conditions can result in hair loss. Additionally, it can also cause hair damage, which is tedious to fix, such as hair loss. So, protecting your hair is an essential way for the young to protect their hair.
3. Health Conditions: Various health conditions can cause hair loss. Mainly, if you have nutritional deficiencies, anaemia, iron deficiency, and hypothyroidism, then there is every chance that you will have hair loss. Also, people who have to undergo chemotherapy will have to bear hair loss, but the hair regrows again after the patient recovers completely. Make sure you consult your doctor before taking any medication and understand the side effects of the same. Also, checkout home remedies for hair loss here.
4. Genetics: Genes carry many risks to have hair loss, including male and female pattern baldness. If you have a family history of baldness or hairline receding, you will need to take steps to ensure that you protect your hair. When you see hair thinning, try and not ignore it. Speak to a dermatologist of reputation to ensure that you fix the issue before it worsens.
5. Chemical Products: Chemical products are hardly ever a good idea for any part of the body, and the same goes for hair. As a younger person, you might want to experiment with different options available such as straightening, curling, colouring and perming of hair. While occasional styling is ok, it causes hair loss when hair is not taken care of properly after styling. So, ensure that the product works sensitively to your scalp and hair. Also, as much as possible, use only natural products when styling.
6. Infection and Hygiene: Some infections that attack the body also tend to attack the hair. High fevers, bacterial infections, and more can all contribute to your hair loss. Additionally, not keeping your hair healthy and not washing your hair regularly can also result in hair loss. Mostly, treating the infection could bring hair growth back and reduce hair loss.
7. Hormonal Changes: As the young grow older, our bodies undergo a lot of changes. It could be things like attaining puberty, getting pregnant, childbirth, and more. These changes our body and thereby tend to change our hair’s texture and feel and may cause hair loss. When there are changes in your estrogen and progesterone levels, as it happens when there are changes in the Harmon, it automatically impacts your hair.
8. Diet Issues: Often, the youth get attracted to junk and unhealthy food. Consumption of these could invariably lead to hair loss. Our body requires the right amount of different kinds of nutrients provided by different types of food. Also, consumption of alcohol might create nutritional imbalances and can have negative impacts on hair follicles, leading to breakage. Therefore, what you eat pretty much determines the strength of your hair. Omega 3, Vitamins like E and A, Iron, protein are just some of the ideal options for protecting your hair.
9. Surgery: Surgeries can cause hair loss for the young. Sometimes, it may be surgery on the skin or the scalp or childbirth, and other major surgery. In different situations, when you are going through surgery, it further causes physical and emotional stress. It also could easily be a reason for people to lose their hair at a young age. Hair loss after surgery will require a dermatologist intervention to treat the issue.
10. Sedentary life: A little exercise never hurt anyone. Additionally, the young have a lot of energy to burn and having a sedentary life can harm your body a lot more. A sedentary life leads to slowing metabolism, imbalance in hormones, stress, low self-esteem and more, leading to hair loss. Therefore, make sure you lead an active life and watch for hair loss symptoms.
How to Prevent Hair Loss?
An old cliche but a relevant one is that ‘prevention is better than cure. Therefore, no matter what the age, and especially when young, you must make an effort to protect your hair. In general, there are many natural hair treatments for hair growth. However, effective hair loss treatments are also suggested by dermatologists in extreme cases. Some of the ways that you can protect hair includes:
1. Avoid too much use of chemicals and hair dry products.
2. Ensure hair hygiene.
3. Avoid using products with extreme temperatures or even direct sunlight.
4. Go easy on the knots and use wide-tooth combs.
5. Avoid smoking and alcohol.
6. Try and reduce stress.
7. Eat the right kind of food as much as possible.
8. Limit stressing your hair by trying rubber bands and such tightly.
9. Speak to experts of supplements and medication.
10. Consult doctors for invasive and non-invasive options about restoring hair.
Hope you like this post on hair loss. Stay tuned with us for more interesting topics.