Benefits of using Green Tea Face Mask
Do you like to have a cup of green tea as a first thig to your morning? Skincare experts who are respected think it’s a great ingredient.
I have been using and drinking green tea for a long time now. Green tea face mask helped my skin to look flawless over time. You can also try to achieve the skin of your dream. In this blog I will explain how and why green tea face mask is needed for our skin. Let’s go!
In what ways does green tea help the skin?
People believe that green tea has magical properties that make skin better. Camellia sinensis tea leaves are practically known as the green tea. It has many components among which catechins or polyphenols are good for our skin. I love skin care. I have used many products over time but from the time when I started using green tea face mask, my skin feels more alive and healthier. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities.
Though its very important to keep it in a good place and securely. It’s essential because polyphenols are what make green tea plants so powerful. The ingredient’s usefulness could be lowered if we not store and preserve it well.
How does green tea help your skin?
Helps with skin discoloration and redness
Because it has a lot of antioxidants, green tea can help reduce inflammation. It can reduce redness caused by itching, ease pain in irritated areas, and stop skin from swelling. For comfort, always put green tea gel or toner on minor cuts or sunburns.
Tests have shown that putting green tea on the skin can help with several skin problems. Rosacea, psoriasis, and dermatitis are skin diseases that can make you itch and feel bad.
Keeps acne away
Personally, I had an acne problem before. Then I one of my friends suggested to try face mask. Polyphenols in green tea stop the production of sebum oil, which is the leading cause of acne. The chance of acne decreases once your skin’s sebum balance returns to normal.
Protects From Skin Cancer
By using green tea, you can also neglect the effect of UV rays. It has antioxidants and other substances that fight free radicals. EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate) and ECG (epicatechin gallate) are two catechins that are potent antioxidants which can be found in this.
Prevent Premature Aging
EGCG which is in green tea, can help skin cells from ageing. Practically I have been using face mask over 2 years now and I have noticed drastic changes. It helps new skin cells grow and fix damaged ones, keeping the skin looking young and stopping fine lines and wrinkles from showing up.
Keeps the skin moist
Green tea face mask keeps the skin healthy and hydrated. When we use make up, it damages our skin and dry it very much. After using green tea face mask, you will definitely get a skin less rough and dry. This will help you get skin that is soft and fine.
How to put on a green tea face mask?
As soon as you have everything you need, do the following:
- Steep the tea bag in a cup of made green tea for about an hour. While the tea bag is still, tear it open and separate the green tea leaves.
- In a bowl with leaves in it, mix the honey and baking soda to make a paste. Adding a few drops of water will thin the blend.
- To help the face mask get into your pores, wash your face before putting it on.
- After washing your face well, massage the face mask into your skin gently to get rid of dirt and dead skin cells in your pores.
- Remove the mask with warm water after 10 to 15 minutes. I use a hot towel to remove it gently.
- I use this face mask 2 times in a week. You can use it 2 to 3 times in a week.
I usually make this face mask with-
- 1 tablespoon each of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon each of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of green tea powder
More good things about green tea
You can get extra health benefits from drinking green tea or taking green tea pills. Studies show that green tea may:
- It can help you in reducing the chance of cancers, like breast cancer, colon cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Consuming green tea will speed up your metabolism and help you lose fat faster.
- It can also help you to Lower the chance of having a heart attack or stroke
- helps in controlling type 2 diabetes
- it can also help you in Improving brain function and memory
If you are more into home remedies and avoiding market products then green tea face mask is for you. Its easy to make and easy to apply. So, no hassle needed to get the dream skin you want. If you have any doubt, you can always consult your skin specialist. Hope this piece will help you a lot. That you.